Communications Officer Recruiting
The City of Rowlett accepts applications for the position of Communications Officers at various times throughout the year as a position becomes available.
The Rowlett Communication Center is a public safety answering point for all police, fire and emergency medical calls for service within the City of Rowlett.
Our Communications officers use a state of the art computer aided dispatching system to dispatch and track all calls for emergency services received by the communication center. They are responsible for answering calls, determining the proper police and/or fire response and dispatching resources to the scene.
- Starting annual salary is $35,324.32
Applicants must meet the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Minimum Standards for Enrollment and Initial Licensure; and
- No prior experience necessary
- Pass a multi-tasking skills test
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly, bi-lingual a plus
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to deal with high stress incidents and situations involving highly emotional or upset individuals
- Must successfully pass a police background check, psychological, polygraph exam and drug screen
For a complete list of benefits
please visit our Human Resources page.
Applications are accepted as vacancies occur. Applications are only accepted online and only when an opening is actually available. To view current openings, please visit the City of Rowlett Human Resources page. To be notified of future openings you may complete a Job Interest Card.