What are you building?
Community Development Services
Building Inspections General Email Box
3901 Main Street
24-Hour Building Inspections Request Line: 972-412-6137
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
*All submittals require a copy of the lot survey indicating
where work is to be done on the property.*
Check out our New Residential Checklist
and New Residential Required Inspections
- If the proposed fence will be crossing/enclosing a marked easement on the property or if a survey cannot be provided, the fence waiver must be completed and submitted before the permit can be issued.
- Residential Accessory Structure
- This includes storage buildings, detached garages, carports, gazebos, or any other structure that is not attached to the house. See RDC Section 77-303.
- Patio Cover
- Provides information regarding construction and what paperwork is needed for submittal.
- This includes flatwork (patios, sidewalks, and driveways).
- Irrigation System
- The City of Rowlett does permit homeowners to install irrigation systems on their own property, however the plans must be signed and sealed by a licensed irrigator.
- Swimming Pool
- Water Heater
- All water heater installations and water heater change outs require a permit and city inspections. Installation Requirements and Guidance are provided through the link.
Obtaining Residential Construction Permits and Applications
To submit for a permit or a contractor registration, check out our Forms & Applications page.
Residential Building Codes
View the City of Rowlett Adopted Codes for codes related to residential construction.